This camp, to be held in Portugal. is in advace of the first two games of the year, France, Jan. 19 @ 2:30 p.m. ET on FS 1 & Spain Jan. 22 @ 2:30 ET on ESPN 2 & UDN. The local players named are, the newly married Long Islander Crystal Dunne, former Sky Blue standout Kelly O'Hara and Carli Lloyd now with Sky Blue. Jill Ellis the USWNT HC had this to say, "It's a real positive to start the year with this training period in Portugal and then play two top teams in France & Spain away." A week in Portual is a return to the region of so many games in the Algarve Cup from 1994-2015 before it is off to World Cup stadium, Stade Oceane in Le Harvem one of 9 locales for this summer's cup and where the US will face Sweden June 20. Then a pair of firsts in one game as they move onto the stronger Spanish side for their initial game ever facing them and in Spain at their Estadio Jose Rico Perez in Alicante.
- 19 of the roster members were on it for the Nov. Europe trip with a 1-0 win over Portugal and Scotland, that trip marked their 500th game.
- 7 player are back on the roster from injuries/abscenses, 4 were in the USA Concacaf Championship side.
- Morgan Brian is back as is TIerna Davidson from an ankle injury & McCall Zerboni.
- Jane Campbell is getting her first look since April and is part of the 4 goalkeepers invited.
- Alex Morgan is 2 goals away from the century mark.
- A pair who were capped for the first time in Nov. are back, Danielle Colaprico and Emily FOx who aided UNC in their NCAA title this fall.
- Jessica McDonald on the heels of her 10 goal NWSL campaign, one in the semi and a brace in the final which she was the MVP of, also struck for the winner facing Portugal is back as her 8 assists lead the league .