Former Captain America, multiple times national champ with NY Arrows David D'erricco, Jim Kilmeade and Tom Byer.read
For the most part the conference call rehashed the numbers, some of which have already been stated here. there were a few questions aside from that and they include:
- How the bid might be in impacted if Sunil is not re elected? The reply was that the FIFA requirements are more on their mind, Sunil is the chair and that the election is with US Soccer.
- The follow up to that was if he is not elected does that cause any changes, the reply was with us, no.
- Asked if the # of venues would impact the economics of the cup, yes more cities would be more costs.read
To go over a survey and discuss progress made by the Joint North American Bid (USA, Canada & Mexico) there is a call, here are some brief points of the survey.
- Just over half, 55% of all adults watched the Men's FIFA World Cup in the past.
- VIewership in Mexico is all but half of the USA 83% v 45%, and Canada 47%.
- In Mexico again almost 2x the avid watchers of this tourney with 33% & as USA has 17% and Canada 11%.
- 34% in North America are occasionla watchers of the World Cup, Mexico is 50%, Canada 36% and the USA just 28%.read
We attended the dedications at of 2 out of the 5 mini-pitches yesterday, the first being in Manhatten the other, Astoria. These are former baskeball courts that were underused, one at a school the Astoria one in a city park under the Triboro Bridge, across the street from historical Astoria Park.read