Lead by Alex Morgan netting her 98th goal and 18th of the year, the USMNT went 18-0-2. The US side had the greater portion of the ball forcing Scotland to keep all 11 oft times in their own defensive half. At 39'. Mal Pugh played a great crossing ball to Morgan in the goal box, who struck it on a full volley. For their part Scotland had no shots in the first stanza but had a flurry of offensive activity at the final whistle to finish with a paltry 2 shots overall on the defense with Long Islander Crystal Dunn. See the interview of Crystal along with that of Morgan, HC Jill Ellis, & Becky Sauerbrunn on our Face Book page. Crystal was part of a pair of Long Islanders to appear in this game as Allie Long was a late game substitute. The US sought to go up by a pair as at 62', Mallory Pugh was taken down in the penalty area, on the ensuing pk, taken by Capt. Carli Lloyd of Sky Blue, was struck hard but into the cross bar. The team is now off until they go to a camp in Europe facing France scant months in advance of their hosting the World Cup in a stadium for the tourney, Stade Oceane in Le Havre Jan. 19 2:30 p.m. ET on FS1.
- with an 18-0-2 record this marks just the 4th time the USWNT has gone a year undefeated when playing 10 or more matches.
- they beat 14 different teams, and 12 of all 16 opponents are already qualified for the World Cup next year.
- it is now 25 games, 25-0-3 since the USWNT has suffered a defeat, outscoring all adversaries 93-17, scoring in each game, of the 33 games since meeting Australia in the 2017 SheBelievs Cup, they have not failed to score.
- in 884 minutes, just under 10 games, the team has not given up a goal, the last being during the 4-1 game with Brazil in the Tournament of Nations, Aug. 2.
- Alex Morgan with goal #18 of '18, her top figure was 21 in '12, now has 98 goals and 153 caps, topped the team in minutes @ 1,500, now with 25 goals for 26 games aided by 7 multiple goal games.
- Pugh, at the just 20 now has 43 caps, garnered her 3rd assist on the year and 14th of her international career to go with 6 goals in 2018.
- career shutout #5 for Ashlyn and 2nd of 2018.