In a matchup of a late season game won by the Red Bulls that now has the United playing in a different lineup may make the solve they had for their next meeting our of power. These two went right down to the wire for the Supporters Shield which the Bulls once took again by the horns on the last game of the regualr season as TFC stymied the ATL. Both teams looked good over the weekend and should make for a great pair of games. New York did as they tend to in shutting out their opposition, Columbus 3-0 on the strength of a brace from Royer who despite his bad kneee did his flip after the 2nd goal, joined by Alex Muyl who should probably not do that ever again. Alex opened the scoring early in the 17' assisted by MLS Defender of the Year Aaron Long who will meet up with England soon, he won the same honor just 2 short years ago with RBNYII in the USL, quite a quick adjustment to the higher level. Muyl then assisted Royer and Kaku fed Danny for his 2nd goal in 3 minutes to close out the goal getting for good in the game. NY had 13 shots the Crew 12 they had the same nunber on goal and the visitiors had 2 more corners so offensivly it was very close, other than on the scoreboard, the only place it counts.
- Royer had his 6th career brace, now alone in 3rd place on the team all time
- 2015, last time NY advanced to the the Eastern Conference Finals, but 3rd time in last 5 years
- Muyl is now the 31st Red Bull to find the back of the net during the playoffs
- 5 players earned assists
- GK, Luis Robles had 3 saves good for his 7th shutout in the post season and 20th playoff game, those 7 tie him for 7th in MLS history, his 8th playoff win ties him for 9th in the league
- Nov. 25th is at M/B Field and RBA plays host on Nov. 29.