The USWNT announced today the start of their second SHEBELEIVES Hero Contest has begun. This unique event shall run from Jan. 9 - Feb. 5 with its goal of locating a female player from ages 13-17 that possesses the spirit of SHEBELEIVES.
This was conjured up by U.S. Soccer and the WNT players as a movement to inspire and encourage girls and women of all ages to accomplish their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise. Begun as the 2015 FIFA World Cup approached, this has turned into a unique union with team and fans, bringing it's most vital ideal of empowerment and having faith in yourself and your community, nationwide. By way of their dedication, teamwork, preserverence and success the WNT as a whole inspire later generations to be better all the while striving to be their best.
One who is a SHEBELEIVES Hero is a young woman who leads in their community, has confidence and passion while empowering others surrounding them to make a difference.
The one chosen receives a trip for 2 to the WNT game v Frace in the SHEBELIEVES Cup March 4 in Harrisson, NJ at Red Bull Arena.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Jan. 9 From 11 A.M. CT through 11:59 CT Feb. 5 explaining how the nominee fulfills the SHEBELIEVES attributes utilizing the #SHEBELEVESHERO hashtag
- Stating nominees Full name, hometown, and age.
- The one sbmitting the video must be at least 13 if not, the parent/guardian must approve both the nominee and the submission. The age of nominee much match the range as of day
- The English language only post must be at least 14 characters and at most 280. Just one entry per day per person, Twitter account.
- A panel will judge the entries narrowing it to four entries. Based on unique entertainment value, creativity and reasons as to why the nominee should win.
- The finalists shall then be put to to a vote on the ussoccer.com site and U.S. Soccer social media platforms to vote, "like" on FB, favor r/t on Twitter or liking on IG
- This contest is only open to those residing in the continetal 48 sates and D.C.
- All submissions consent by both nominee and the submitter to follow by the Contest Official Rules. Approx. retail value $1,300.